Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Hello All!

I am a Textile and Surface designer based in Yorkshire, who loves everything to do with print. I feel very lucky to be living in such a historic and inspiring place, and am looking forward to sharing and describing all my visits to craft and design shows and fairs (most of which jump into action in the spring/summertime... so I'd better get my skates on!)

Here's a bit of background about my journey so far...

In June, I graduated from my Textiles degree which was both an extremely challenging and rewarding three years, and a fantastic learning curve. The best part was having access to a lovely printing studio and whiling away the hours with my designs and a sketchbook full of ideas.


People did tell me to enjoy having all the printing facilities while I could, and I definately know what they meant now!  

My most recent ventures have included:
  • January - Visited the Interiors UK show at the NEC in Birmingham. This was a huge collaboration of different Interior design sectors, and also a combination of established companies and emerging talents, under one roof - and a great experience to wander round and soak it all in. I was able to talk to some very interesting people, and sit in on two particularly eye opening seminars. This exhibition centre is home to several shows all through the year - definately worth a look if you are interested in design based exhibitions.
  • February - Completed a watercolour painting for my grandma's house, and even framed it for her!
  • April - Attended a fantastic course lead by Pete Mosley about how to use the Internet strategically and effectively for creative businesses. A very well run day and I learned a huge amount.

Right that's enough for now I think, so until next time...
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment