Thursday, 14 June 2012

Pulse!

On Tuesday I spent the day at London based show Pulse, and I've got to say it was hands down the BEST design trade show I have ever been to ... there was a huge amount of inspiring work, talented designers and beautiful stands which all offered something completely new and unique. It had a great atmosphere, and I could instantly tell that everyone was there because they really wanted to be - the designers were so welcoming and lovely to talk to, and just walking round I became engaged in conversations with people who simply wanted a good chat about the show and to find out which part I had enjoyed the most. As someone who loves a good natter, this was definately up my street, and more than anything meant that I met some really interesting and inspiring designers. I really didn't want to leave!


The best part was getting to meet and spend the day with the designer and owner of Dear Prudence. She kindly invited me to help her out on her stand and the experience this gave me was invaluable. She is particularly insipring to me as a fellow Yorkshire based designer because she stays true to her roots and beliefs and this is evident in the beautiful work she produces. It was refreshing to get to know someone so in tune with their work and personal style, and I feel very lucky to have gained an insight into her creative world. (If you would like to see more of her work, you can here)

A fabulous day from start to finish!  





No comments:

Post a Comment